As Houston’s leader in home insulation, Ultimate Radiant Barrier & Insulation uses only the best insulation brands to insure that you are getting the best solution for your money. We want our clients to be well informed about our superior product line, and although this may be information overload, we feel it is important that you have the facts on the products we install in your home. In the end, we want you to be satisfied with your installation and your decision to choose us as your installation company in Houston.
|Zone||Add Insulation to Attic||Floor|
|Uninsulated Attic||Existing 3–4 Inches of Insulation|
|1||R30 to R49||R25 to R30||R13|
|2||R30 to R60||R25 to R38||R13 to R19|
|3||R30 to R60||R25 to R38||R19 to R25|
|4||R38 to R60||R38||R25 to R30|
|5 to 8||R49 to R60||R38 to R49||R25 to R30|
Wall Insulation: Whenever exterior siding is removed on an uUninsulated wood-frame wall:
- Drill holes in the sheathing and blow insulation into the empty wall cavity before installing the new siding, and
- Zones 3–4: Add R5 insulative wall sheathing beneath the new siding
- Zones 5–8: Add R5 to R6 insulative wall sheathing beneath the new siding.
Insulated wood-frame wall:
- For Zones 4 to 8: Add R5 insulative sheathing before installing the new siding.
For fiberglass batting insulation we use American Made insulation from CertainTeed. This is a top of the line insulation that will insure the proper application to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. A detailed description is below.
Energy Efficiency Plain & Simple
Installing Fiber Glass Building Insulation is an easy, cost effective method to help conserve energy in residential and commercial new construction, remodeling, and reinsulation. In addition to its thermal properties, Fiber Glass Building Insulation also provides excellent acoustical performance. It is compression packaged for ease of handling, and its broad availability of R-values, sizes and facings ensures the right product for the job.
- A high-quality fiber glass batt or roll used in residential construction for thermal and acoustical insulation of walls, ceilings and floors.
- Unfaced insulation is manufactured in increased widths to permit friction-fit installation in wall cavities. This insulation is used with a separate vapor retarder, such as CertainTeed’s MemBrain™, The Smart Vapor Retarder, or where a vapor retarder is not required.
- Kraft Faced insulation is manufactured with an integral vapor retarder. The kraft facing includes attachment flanges at the edges that are used for either face or inset stapling. The kraft facing, applied with asphalt to the fiber glass insulation, has a vapor transmission (permeance) rating of one perm or less.
- Thermally efficient to help fight rising utility bills
- Lightweight and flexible for easy installation
- Good sound absorption; reduces noise level wherever applied
- Inorganic glass fiber is noncorrosive; it will not rot or mildew or otherwise deteriorate
- Does not absorb moisture
- Noncombustible per ASTM E136 (unfaced only)
CertainTeed Residential Insulation
CertainTeed offers a full line of residential fiber glass insulation products to meet the needs of your business and your customers, including:
- Basement Wall
- Building Insulation – Residential
- CertaSpray™ Closed Cell Foam
- CertaSpray™ Open Cell Foam
- High Performance Batts
- InsulSafe® SP Premium Blowing Wool
- Masonry Wall
- Northern White Blowing Insulation
- OPTIMA® Blow-in Insulation System
- SpeedyR™ Tabless Batts
- TrueComfort™ Blow-in Insulation
- UltraComfort™ Blowing Insulation
CertainTeed cares about the environment and Building Responsibly™, and for more than 100 years has maintained a commitment to provide sustainable, innovative solutions that improve energy efficiency and comfort. From production to product, CertainTeed’s focus has been on minimizing its impact on the environment by reducing energy consumption, conserving renewable resources and lowering greenhouse gas emissions. And with our Sustainable Insulation® fiber glass products, the mission continues.
Get a FREE Estimate for Your Home Today
Our professional technicians will come to your home and evaluate your insulation needs. They will then go over with you every option and find the best solution for both your home and your budget. Call us today!